Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I Salute the French General

I spent some time on the French General site last night and I found a lot of fun ideas! The first thing that caught my eye was this-


You can buy a kit full of those cute little lady bug and green beads and make boutonniere pins with them. I think this is such a novel idea- to replace the pins with the pearl heads with something that you actually want people to notice. I wonder if the guys will mind...

And then I noticed this-


I thought these would make beautiful hairpins or would dress up a headband. There were so many inspirational things on that site. Some of it was pretty pricey, but doable in small amounts. I also love all the Martha references, as in "Martha planned an evening cocktail party in the garden of French General and invited her advertisers" or "Martha came up with this wonderful idea using our materials." I feel closer to her just reading that site... ;)

No comments: