Friday, February 15, 2008

My Right Hand

I love, love, love my engagement ring. Mr. Peacock spent months with a jeweler trying to create the perfect ring for me. Although he did this all on his own and the ring itself was a surprise, I did share some photos with him. Most looked very much like the Tiffany Legacy ring.

He did it very well, with a little more vintage flair in the setting.

The one "problem" that I have found in my ring is the back of the setting.


Because of that beautiful basket shape along the side, I can't buy a flat band to wear as my wedding band. The two won't lie flush together, which means that the engagement ring gets lazy and ends up picking a side and resting on it. I love how he designed the entire ring and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world, which means that I need to come up with another option for my band. I would rather not have something custom made to fit around the ring because I could see myself wearing the band on its own- when we are traveling through Europe, when I get super crafty or when we have kids and I am cleaning poopy diapers. A friend of mine wears her engagement ring on her right had and her wedding band on her left and I have always admired it. She has some pretty sparkles on both hands!

While I was in Kansas City visiting my college roommate last weekend, we stopped by Tivol in the Plaza. (By the way, KCMO readers or visitors, I LOVE the Plaza. Anthropologie, Paper Source and Lill all in one pretty place? Fantastic! The home department of Halls is also very impressive.) Her husband purchased her gorgeous engagement ring and matching band at the store and so they were kind enough to give our rings a scrub while we wandered around. I fell in love- hard- for Penny Preville. If you haven't been to her site or seen her jewelry before, I highly recommend going. Everything, including the delicate little features, are fabulously vintage. This little band in particular caught my eye.

They had three of them displayed together, stacked one on top of the other. It looked like antique jewelry, which is exactly what I had been hoping for. Granted, Penny's jewelry is quite expensive and I am sure that three of those little beauties would break our budget. I am hoping to either find or ask a jeweler to make something similar. As weird as it looks right now, I think the engagement ring on the right hand is my solution and I am actually pretty excited about it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their engagement ring and wedding band not fitting together? What was your solution?

No comments: