Monday, April 7, 2008

My Sweet Dad

After our very successful cake tasting trip, Mr. Peacock and I went to my parents' house for a visit. I started complaining that the photo of our cake on Martha Stewart's website was too small to really see the detail. I wanted to send the image to our baker but I wasn't sure it would help. My dad is a computer genius so he started playing around with the photo in an attempt to stretch it out, but it was so pixilated that it looked like a big mess. I resolved myself to the fact that I would just have to hope for the best.

I went out shopping with my mom for a bit and came home to my dad, smiling. He ran to his office and came back with the MS Weddings Fall 2003 issue that had originally featured my cake. The cake had taken over an entire page, so it was much easier to see the detail. Dad scanned in the image, printed it on photo paper and voila! A perfect example to show my baker. He was so sweet about the whole thing, it almost made me think that he is enjoying this wedding planning thing!

I wanted to mention that that particular issue is full of goodies. There are a few MS images that regularly appear on blogs and knot bios- I was surprised at how many came from that issue! I highly recommend visiting your local library a call and spend some time with the back issues. That Martha is a genius (and Darcy Miller, of course). Here are just a few of the pages that I scanned in. I would have done the entire magazine but my legs started to cramp up from standing over the scanner.

No comments: