Friday, April 11, 2008

Visiting The Mothership

My mom is a crazy cupcake baker. She makes them whenever she has an excuse and they are always absolutely delicious. When this little gem popped up in my google reader right before Easter, I knew we had to make them.

The only problem was that we needed fondant to make those little ears and neither of us had used it before. I knew that you could buy it buy the box rather than make it yourself, but that was the end of my knowledge. We found that Wilton sold it online, but where to buy it in the store? Oh wait, the Wilton headquarters and company store just are minutes from my parent's house! Neither of us had ever been, so this seemed like a great excuse.

Behold what greeted us when we arrived:

Pans!
Icing! Sprinkles! Dye for fondant!

Cake tiers and stands!
Tschotskies!

We had such a good time. These pictures do not do the store justice. Baking supplies were EVERYWHERE. The trip almost- almost- got me thinking that I could make my own wedding cake. Then I remembered the super deal that I got on my cake and that my sanity was worth the extra money.

Just in case you were wondering, here are our little cupcakes!


No comments: