Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What To Do... The Reception Card

I might be alone here, but creating my invitations has definitely been my favorite part of planning. I love paper and I love beautiful design. Receiving wedding invites in the mail is one of my all time favorite things. I had considered designing them myself, but after a few test runs with engagement party invites and save the dates, I wisely chose the supremely talented Margot of Atelier Isabey to design them for me. Due to our long engagement, I had to put it off for sooooo long. I could not wait to get started.

I am in the middle of round two of revisions. Can I just tell you how exciting it is to see Margot's email and know that there is a magical little PDF just waiting to be opened? I can't really show you what we are working on, but here is my primary inspiration from her samples.


The first invitation that she created for me had all of the details for both the ceremony and the reception on one card. I liked this because it didn't need to buy a "reception card," which seemed a little unnecessary anyway because we aren't inviting anyone to the ceremony but not the reception.

However, the more that I looked at the card, the more I thought, "Gee, thats a lot of text!" The font was also a little on the small side and making it bigger might make the font even more overwhelming. The problem is that we are already over budget and, although the cards are affordable, its just another thing putting us in the red.

I need help! What would you do?

No comments: