Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Favorites

I have seen some really fabulous ways to ask your bridesmaids to be your bridesmaids. I had been asked a handful of times to serve as a maid before it was my turn and I had never received any elaborate gifts. The bride called, told me how excited she was and that she hoped I would be able to stand by her on her big day and we cried happy tears for a moment before she scurried back to her new fiance.

When it was my turn, there were a slew of engagements going down. I knew that I wouldn't be the only one asking or that they would be trying to plan their wedding alongside me. I wanted to give them a little warm fuzzy just to ease the request in. I invited them to brunch at the southside Orange location- a very fresh and yummy brunch spot- and handed them this little basked of goodies.


Brunch occurred a few weeks before Valentine's Day last year, so I had my pick of all the heart shaped candies that a girl could want. Also inside the cute little Paper Source bag, I included a love note on a blank Paper Source card and made them a little paper fortune cookie with the big question inside.


I used Martha's directions and bought my supplies at- you guessed it- Paper Source. I used brads instead of double sided tape because I think brads are cute and I am always looking for excuses to use them.

How did you ask your bridesmaids to be part of your wedding?

No comments: