Monday, August 18, 2008

Box Full of Letters

The invites went out a little over a month ago and the deadline recently passed, so the wonderful experience of running to the mailbox is almost at its end. Sad. I thought I would relive it by sharing them with you.

My first plan was to make the invitations myself. After several cracks at Photoshop and a slew of other handmade invites and cards, I threw that idea out the window. I had also spent countless hours drooling over letterpress invitations on the millions of wedding blogs that I read and had developed an obsession. Then I found Margot of Atelier Isabey. Her work was just what I had in mind, I could customize it to be exactly what I wanted and she was as sweet as could be. I was still able to sneak in a little DIY, but they are mostly a whole lotta genius from Margot. I asked for vintage garden- that is definitely what I got. I love, love, love, love them.

Ugh, it pains me to have to block parts of that out. But, I'm a safety girl!

That little chandelier was a special request. It perfectly matches the pair hanging from the ceiling of Cafe Brauer. I still can't believe that Margot was able to create that. She is very talented.

Most of the set. More on that little pocket and a missing map later.

Yes, that is my little Maisy saying hello. I told you I would get her in the wedding somehow!

I would definitely recommend Atelier Isabey if you are looking for some beautiful letterpress. I knew I would be happy the moment that I saw my first draft. She was very willing to incorporate my suggestions and appreciated the feedback. I had a bit of a color issue and she was always coming up with great ideas. Her prices are also reasonable, compared to other letterpress designers, particularly when you consider that these were made just for me.

Mr. Peacock has taken on an impressive list of wedding jobs, but this was solidly on my list. I loved every minute of it. Was the invitation creation process anyone else's favorite part of planning?

No comments: