Friday, August 8, 2008

Bachelorette Party Run Down

I wasn't quite sure how to share the details from my bachelorette weekend. There are a lot of pictures of my friends in bikinis, drinking strawberry lemonade vodkas and reading Us Weekly. Other than a boat ride around the lake, we didn't really go anywhere or do anything- and I LOVED it! It doesn't make for a very exciting recap. There is one slightly NSFW image, however, just to keep you on your toes.

The party started when my sister (MOH) and I arrived late on Thursday night. Half of the other guests arrived on Friday and the rest on Saturday. My sister and my mom have been working on this weekend for the past few months. They had lots of surprises in store! First off, my unconventional bride shirt. Here is something that I will be happy to wear again and again.

Mrs. Peacock!

I had to share our collection of mags with you. This pile grew and grew over the weekend as everyone came prepared. Mischa Barton and Lindsay Lohan were a frequent topic of discussion.

This was only my second time driving the boat. Mr. Peacock's sisters and I realized a little too late that we let the guys do everything when we are on the lake. That means that there were a few scary moments as we pulled the boat out of the slip, drove it carefully around the lake and then brought it back in. Here I am thinking "oh, crap!" while everyone else enjoys the ride. Good thing I got to dip into that lovely pitcher of margaritas after someone else took the wheel.

After the sunset cruise, we were back home for showers, tacos and a little dessert. Please meet the manliest cake you have ever seen.


Yes, he was anatomically correct.

Here was me seeing him for the first time.

After a few sweet personal gifts, we played a little "How well does Ms. Peacock know Mr. Peacock?" and then "How well do Ms. Peacock's bridesmaids know her?" The maids did better than I did. I missed several questions, such as "What kind of animal would Mr. Peacock be?" and "How many girlfriends has Mr. Peacock had?" After a late night discussion of the pros and cons of online dating, the night was over. We had a quick breakfast in the morning and everyone was on their way home.

Did anyone else have a low key bachelorette party and love it?

No comments: