Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bowling Anyone?

Speaking of our rehearsal dinner, I am totally excited about our location. Mr. Peacock and I had wanted to do pizza and beer. We were having a hard time finding a place with a room large enough to accommodate our group- and where we loved the pizza. We are pizza snobs. We are from Chicago, its in our genes.

After organizing a fundraiser for work at Southport Lanes in Chicago's Wrigleyville neighborhood, we changed our minds on the pizza idea. It is a little bar and restaurant which also has a private room with four small bowling lanes. It is totally old school with human pin setters. The pin setters love tips and they will either help or hurt your game based on the quality of your tipping (or if they think you are cute). These guys are hilarious. My stomach hurt from laughing and I had mascara running down my face. It is also in a great part of town that tourists don't normally get to see. Southport Avenue, between Belmont and Addison, is home to an awesome little strip of shops, restaurants and my favorite nail salon.

The food and the atmosphere are totally casual. The staff is also willing to accomodate our requests for a slideshow and a microphone for speeches. Its vintage look will also play well into our theme. I can't wait to have all that quality time with my family before the wedding. My only fear is that I will be up all night laughing and won't be able to fall asleep!




The lanes!

No comments: