Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Goodies for the Bachelorette

My bestest friend in the whole world (beside Mr. Peacock, of course) is getting married in June. She requested a girls weekend in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin- Miss Sundae's wedding locale- for her bachelorette party and we couldn't have been more happy to comply. Lake Geneva is an extremely cute little lakeside town just a few hours from Chicago. The big party was this past weekend and we had an amazing time. Once everyone shares their pictures with me, I will write a bigger post with all the details. Everything turned out perfectly and no one wanted to leave on Sunday morning!

My friend did not want anything crazy or any of the typical, kinda tacky but fun antics during the weekend. She did not want a veil covered in condoms or plastic models of the male anatomy. She did not want strippers or embarassing party games. She and I are on the same page there, so it was easy to agree. We wanted to make it special and different from just any other girls weekend, so we threw in a few surprises.

First off, the goody bags.


They were filled with candy, girly spa stuff, plastic accessories and lip smakers (the bride and I LOVED these in grade school). We even found little packs of "special candy" at Lover's Lane on the way up to Wisconsin. Hers had a few extra goodies, including a little crown, a flashing shot glass, a big button with "I'm the Bride" on it and a pretty tame deck of truth or dare cards. I made the little stickers with my favorite new find- full sheet labels- and a big circle punch. I heat embossed the little engagement ring stamp with gold embossing powder.

We also made matching tank tops. The bride is notorious for her love of pink, so my trip to Old Navy was pretty. I designed an image for an iron-on transfer and made them at home. It was surprisingly easy and I was really happy with how they turned out.

No comments: