Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Long and the Short of It

I really want to do long dining tables at my reception. I love the idea of everyone sitting around like a big family rather than sectioned off in my pre-determined groups. People usually prefer round tables because then you can easily look at everyone at your table and they say that makes conversation easier. It might just be me, but I can never hear the people sitting directly across from me, and I usually end up talking to the people on either side of me. It might be a bit better with a rectangular table.

I also like that I could do a variety of smaller arrangements rather than one large one at each table.


from Oh, How Charming! via Bridal Bar Blog



A few logistical concerns...
1) Is it harder to find your seat when there are only 10 tables? I just keep picturing the little dance that we do when we are trying to decide where to sit.

2) My room has an odd, octagonal shape. I'm not sure how to arrange them in the room so that it doesn't look and feel awkward.

3) Will this make finding linens more difficult?

4) I have never actually been to a wedding where this was done, so I could be full of bologna.

I am scheduled to go order my linens in a few weeks, so I need to figure it out before then. Has anyone considered this option?

No comments: