Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Lace on the Cake

I know I have posted about it before, but this is the cake that I want.

When I met with my baker, they had no concerns about getting this done. She felt confident that she could do the lacework by hand. I left the meeting feeling equally confident, although I couldn't stop thinking about it during the ride home. My baker is an old-school Italian baker. Although they have done some amazing work in the past, I was a little worried about all the detail on that lace. I started researching lace cake molds online and found quite a few sources. I kept matching the little lace images to that Martha Stewart cake until I finally found a match at Decorate the Cake.


Doesn't that look just like the bottom layer? I am so thrilled. I still can't find the other layers, but I might buy one more simple one and just use those two. It will still give the same effect, and at $50 a pop I can't afford to keep shopping. The mold just came in and it is really neat. I am afraid to play with it, but I keep getting an urge to make lace pudding or jello to test it out. I locked it away at my mom's house so that I couldn't act on my crazy ideas.

My only reservation is that I haven't told my baker yet. I am a little worried about offending her or coming off as a crazy bridezilla. I am going to think long and hard on how to introduce the idea, but there may not be a totally tactful way. How do you all think she will take it?

No comments: