Thursday, June 5, 2008

Erin's Big Weekend

My best friend Erin is getting married this weekend. I cannot believe it! She and her high school sweetheart (sorry Erin!) got engaged a few months before Mr. Peacock and I. We both decided on long engagements, so we have spent the last year or more planning together. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it has been. I feel so lucky that we got to experience this crazy time together, particularly since she and her husband (yay!) are moving to Cincinnati right when they get back from their honeymoon.


Erin and I met when we were in second grade. She was a transfer student into our small Catholic school and due to the magic of alphabetical order, we sat next to each other. We were thick as thieves that year. We organized an "act" for the talent show, which solely consisted of us skating around in circles in the gym to Hangin' Tough, doing random motions with our arms. We also participated in the school's fashion show. A few weeks before the big show, we decided that since we were going to be models we needed to go on a diet. We would only drink Diet Cokes. Yup, thats what Barbie does to second graders!

From our little school to high school to a few years in college and then roommates in Chicago, Erin and I remained best friends. She was even working with me at my first job when I met Mr. Peacock. There were a few years in junior high when things got a little dicey, but our friendship was saved by a dumpy little pool in her neighborhood. As soon as we were old enough, we started working in the office, then lifegaurding and finally coaching the swim team. We had a small, rediculously close group of friends throughout those summers (the Pool Group- creative, I know) and they are some of the best friends I have ever had. There were four guys, four girls, lots of trouble and more inside jokes than most people could handle. I really give credit to our significant others because I know it can be really annoying to hang out with us.

Most of the Pool Group! Saxty, me, BO (getting married in July), Erin and Stevie.

Me and the Bride!

Erin, I love you too much and I am so excited for this weekend!

To the rest of you, I will be back with pictures on Monday!

No comments: