Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rush Orders

For whatever reason, I woke up yesterday in a cold sweat. My many, many to-do lists were all running through my head. Room layouts, contracts, programs, junior bridesmaid dresses, the list goes on. I grabbed my little black moleskin, the receptacle of all wedding thoughts, and started yet another list. I literally sent 30 emails and made many phone calls to vendors, bridesmaids, Mr. Peacock, my mother, my new DOC (amen!) and my priest. The good news is that I was able to check a few items off of my list. Unfortunately, I am still waiting on responses on most of these emails, including one particular vendor that has been driving me nuts lately.

You know what leads to instant gratification? Shopping. I don't have to wait on anyone to buy something. I was literally in a state of mania, and I should have known better than to pull out my wallet. At least these little babies were on sale!


There is a beautiful little tree that our guests will pass as they walk from the valet area to cocktails. I am working on a chalkboard sign to place under the tree and I thought it might be fun to hang these in the branches. My mom already bought the little globe lights from PB for another party, so I was able to just buy a few shades. I am not sure how I am going to power the lights quite yet, but even without light these should be pretty adorable! I don't regret the purchase yet, but Pottery Barn, even on sale, is not the most cost effective place to buy something like this. No one tell me where you bought these cheaper, because my crazy wedding brain can't handle it!

I have officially crossed the threshold from calm, cool party planner into wedding maniac. Is anyone else with me?

No comments: