Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Pet Rooster

In honor of my little monkey's third birthday, I thought I would formally introduce you all to Margaret Thatcher Peacock, aka Maisy.


She doesn't normally look so introspective.


She has 28 different nicknames- because that's what happens when you have no kids and a dog is the cutest thing in the house- but our favorite is "The Rooster." We call her that because of the hilarious noise that she makes when she wants your attention. It has become a theme in toys and Halloween costumes.


How P.O.'d does she look?! Mwahaha!! I am so evil. Don't worry, it wasn't on for very long.

Neither our church nor our reception site are too keen on dogs as ringbearers, so she will only be at the wedding in spirit. Both Mr. Peacock and I are madly in love with her and we had to find a way to include her in the festivities. I am not ready to reveal our invites quite yet, but lets just say that Maisy made the RSVP card.

Our hotel is pet friendly and we are considering keeping her with us that night. They provide walking services so it would be comparable to boarding, but without my stress over her welfare. She only takes other dogs in small doses. She has been to doggy day care, but when I pick her up she always seems scared and exhausted. I can't imagine having so much fun at the reception while she is hiding in a corner at the pet hotel.

For the dog mommies and daddies out there, what are you planning on doing with your pooch on the wedding night?

No comments: