Monday, July 7, 2008

In Recovery

I had the craziest weekend, rendering me unable to do anything than surf the web and watch Will and Grace reruns. Its a real condition, I swear.

Mr. Peacock and started the long weekend by moving out of our condo. After days of packing dishes, lamps, books and shoes, I cannot believe that it still took us an entire day just to move out. We have accumulated so much crap in our short lives. I don't understand how it was possible. Unfortunately, our new home won't be ready for a few months so we will be moving in with my parents. This made packing much more complicated as we had to divide our belongings into either "need right now" and "pack away for later" piles. After a quick escape to Jake's families lake house in Michigan for the Fourth of July, we were back home to try and get comfortable in my parent's home before The Saturday of Two Weddings and our bridal shower brunch on Sunday.

Maisy, loving the boat and the sunshine, during our quick getaway.

I have been anxious about The Saturday of Two Weddings for months. My cousin and one of my best friends both picked July 5th as wedding dates. How do I pick between these two? I chose to do both, even though it meant missing the ceremony for one and the reception for the other. Fortunately, they were only 45 minutes apart and I was able to pull it off without a hitch.

My cousin Mikey is only nine months older than me. I think that my mom became pregnant the moment the moment she saw how cute he was. I mean, isn't he?

Mike and Jessica were married at Union Station in Joliet. It was a very neat place with lots of old fashioned train travel ambiance. After enjoying the outdoor ceremony and a quick cocktail, Mr. Peacock and I were out the door and on our way to wedding #2.

I know that I have mentioned the pool group before. I now have a more complete photo of them, although one (I'm looking at you, Stevie) left a little early.

Ging, BO (the groom), me, Kev (Brian's little bro/Best Man), Holden, Saxty, Erin and Crazy Ben.

In true pool group fashion, we closed the place down and then went back to their old neighborhood for more inside jokes and cocktails. Man, I love you guys!

We were up early on Sunday for our bridal shower, hosted by Jake's sister. I will dedicate a post to the shower because everything was really beautiful, but here is a sneak peak.

After the shower, we were back at our old condo to pack up a few more things and to clean. Thank goodness they only requested a broom clean in our contract because I was totally wiped out. I did a quickie job on the floors, countertops and bathrooms and we said goodbye to our old home. We were barely able to make it back to my mom's home before crashing for the night.

I am tired just talking about it. Anyone else have a crazy holiday weekend?

No comments: