Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Little Bow Ties

After we had the big boys outfits squared away, it was time to move on to the little guys. Mr. Peacock is the lucky uncle to three adorable nephews and we didn't think twice before asking them to serve as our ring bearers.

I don't think there is anything cuter than a little guy in a tuxedo. It totally kills me. When we called around for rental prices on those sweet little suits, we learned that the price wasn't so cute. I think that renting a five year old's tuxedo for the same price as an adult's is crazy business. I had to do better. I did a little digging online and found a few sources where I could purchase a boy's tux for under $75. Although they may not have another black tie event to attend any time soon, they could all go as James Bond for Halloween. Or a waiter at a fancy restuarant. Or a penguin.


Kids Formal has a nice online shop and stores in the Chicagoland area. I liked this option because we could go check them out first for quality, and returns to the store would be relatively easy.

Mrs. Petunia bought her ring bearer's adorable top hat from Tiny Tux. They have a great selection of accessories, such as pocket squares and bow tie sets.



I have heard good things about Fairytailes on the Knot and their prices are some of the best. It takes a little digging to find what you are looking for, but it may be worth it!

Does anyone have any other recommendations or feedback on these sites? I am wondering about the quality. It doesn't have to be anything fabulous, but I want to make sure that they fit well and keep their shape throughout the night.

No comments: