Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fresh As a Peony

It seemed like kind of a random thing, but people get really excited their deodorant. There have been quite a few posts on Weddingbee as we worry about how to stay dry on our wedding day. Us brides will be running around, smiling for the camera, hugging aunts and uncles, trying to sneak in private moments with our new hubby, all while trying to look and smell fresh. My favorite Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant.

I love it because it smoothes on like lotion- not a stick, gel or other goo- and absorbs into your skin. It doesn't smell like anything. I don't know about you, but when I warm up I would rather not be smelling my deodorant, even if it smells "tropical fresh." It just fights sweat and I love it. The fact that it is Kiehl's and I love all of their products doesn't hurt. It is a little pricier than most drug store brands, but the big tube lasts for such a long time that I feel justified.

My deodorant passed its first test last summer in Key Largo, Florida. It was 92 degrees and humid as can be without actual rain forming. I spent all morning laying out by the ocean and was literally dripping in sweat. Pretty picture, I know. You know how when you are on vacation, sometimes showers fall by the wayside? I put my deodorant on the day before and around 3:00 the next day it was still working. If I was going to trust anything on my wedding day, it would be my deodorant. My dress might rip while I am putting it on, right before I spill red wine all over it. My florist might show up with a truck-full of spray painted purple carnations. Mr. Peacock might decide to go for the Fighting Illini tux after all. But I will smell fresh as a peony.

Anyone else really tested their deodorant? Don't make me stand alone with my gross story :)

No comments: